The GMLS Webinar Event - Focus and Strategy
This Event, the advance preparation modules, and Expert On-Line Modules and Specific "LIVE” Q & A sessions, will be geared toward the following capacity outcomes and objectives;
1. Trade into, within, and out of Africa is going to be different post COVID-19. There will be opportunities and traps. The ICC Incoterms(R) 2020 rules, define the seller's and buyer's obligations, risks and costs in trade contracts. Learn about these rules, plus interpretation of the legal articles and their application from the global and African experts.
2. The opportunities for trade with Africa are sure to open up post COVID-19 as the rest of the world looks for new opportunities in sourcing and new markets. Arm yourself with very necessary knowledge to be able to negotiate with your business partners by understanding your obligations, risks and costs. Learn about the International Chamber of Commerce's Incoterms(r) 2020 rules on trade terms in the GMLS special capacity webinar.
3. FOB, CIF, DAP - you're going to see abbreviations like these thrown into your trade discussions, However, what exactly do they mean? Who pays freight, who has risk of damage or loss of goods, when and where is delivery? Engage in trade from a position of strength by understanding the rules for these criteria and other potential express Contract of sale terms to support the choice of rule.
4. Knowledge is power as the saying goes!!. Knowledge of the ICC trade rules - Incoterms(r) 2020 - gives you power and certainty in your sales and purchasing negotiations. If you are in trade, transport, supply chain, insurance, banking, finance, law, accounting practitioner or professional etc , you really need to learn about these eleven rules in our GMLS webinar presented to you by the world leader.
5. The GMLS objectives, are to provide mainly Africans and third world experts to know, understand and have insight to;
- What the Incoterms® 2020 Rules Do.
- What the Incoterms® 2020 Rules do NOT do.
- How best to incorporate the Incoterms® 2020 Rules.
- Delivery, Risks and Costs in Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- Address Incoterms® 2020 Rules and the Carrier.
- Understand the Contract of Sale and their Incoterms clause relationship to other contracts
- Know the 11 Incoterms ® 2020 Rules – “Sea and Inland Waterway”, and “Any Mode of Transport” – getting it right!
- Know the legal Articles Order within the Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- Know the differences between Incoterms® 2010 and 2020
- Apply caution with variants of Incoterms® Rules.
- The ICC’s Role, and the development of Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- The application of the Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- The correct use and choice of the most appropriate Incoterms® 2020 Rules for the specific transaction
- The respective roles & responsibilities of the Buyer & the Seller, regarding: a) Delivery b) Obligations, c) Risks, d) Costs
- Making recommendations regarding the use of Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- The legal use of Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- The impact of a particular Incoterms® 2020 Rules on other 3rd Party Contracts, Transport Documents, Marine Insurance and Payment instruments and institutions
SABPP Approved CPD Points
CPD Points – 6 Points
(CPD) LEARNING EVENT/PROGRAMME APPROVAL
Attendees can claim BBBEE Skills Development Scorecard points in Category F and G as well as expenditure for SETA reporting requirements.
You can record the training costs towards Annual Training Spend.
Attendees can also claim these CPD Points from there other professional bodies membership registration.